Making people laugh is harder than making them cry. That is why comedians actually have a harder task in entertaining their audience. Comedy is serious business and the real successful ones earn serious money.The Top 10 Richest Comedians in 2014.
Jerome Allen “Jerry” Seinfeld is an American comedian, actor, writer, and television/film producer, best known for playing a semi-fictional version of himself in the sitcom Seinfeld, which he co-created and co-wrote with Larry David.
Net Worth : $850 million
- Born: April 29, 1954 (age 59), Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Height: 1.80 m
- Spouse: Jessica Seinfeld (m. 1998)
- Children: Sascha Seinfeld, Shepherd Kellen Seinfeld, Julian Kal Seinfeld
- Parents: Kálmán Seinfeld, Betty Seinfeld
Lawrence Gene “Larry” David is an American actor, writer, comedian, and television producer. He was the co-creator, with Jerry Seinfeld, of the television series Seinfeld, and was its head writer and executive producer from 1989 to 1998.
Net Worth : $665 million
- Born: July 2, 1947 (age 66), Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Height: 1.80 m
- Spouse: Laurie David (m. 1993–2007)
- Children: Cazzie David, Romy David
- Books: The Seinfeld Scripts: The First and Second Seasons
David Michael Letterman is an American television host and comedian. He hosts the late night television talk show Late Show with David Letterman, broadcast on CBS.
Net Worth : $430 million
- Born: April 12, 1947 (age 66), Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Height: 1.88 m
- Spouse: Regina Lasko (m. 2009), Michelle Cook (m. 1969–1977)
- TV shows: Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night, more
- Parents: Harry Joe Letterman, Dorothy Mengering
- Books: Late Show Top Ten List, Late Show Fun Facts
Adam Richard Sandler (born September 9, 1966) is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, and film producer. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in many Hollywood feature films that combined have grossed over $2 billion at the box office.He is best known for his comedic roles, such as in the films Billy Madison (1995), Happy Gilmore (1996), The Waterboy (1998), Big Daddy (1999), and Mr. Deeds (2002), though he has ventured into more dramatic territory with his roles in Punch-Drunk Love (2002), Reign Over Me (2007), and Funny People (2009).
Net Worth : $325 million
- Born: September 9, 1966 (age 47), Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Height: 1.77 m
- Spouse: Jackie Sandler (m. 2003)
- Children: Sunny Madeline Sandler, Sadie Madison Sandler
- Upcoming movie: Blended
James Douglas Muir “Jay” Leno is an American comedian, actor, voice actor, writer, producer and television host. Leno was the host of NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno from 1992 to 2009.
Net Worth : $190 million
- Born: April 28, 1950 (age 63), New Rochelle, New York, United States
- Height: 1.80 m
- Nationality: American
- Spouse: Mavis Leno (m. 1980)
- Siblings: Patrick Leno
- Movies and TV shows: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, more
James Eugene “Jim” Carrey is a Canadian American actor, comedian, and producer. Carrey has received four Golden Globe Award nominations, winning two.
Net Worth : $165 million
- Born: January 17, 1962 (age 52), Newmarket, Canada
- Height: 1.87 m
- Spouse: Lauren Holly (m. 1996–1997), Melissa Womer (m. 1987–1995)
- Children: Jane Erin Carrey
- Upcoming movie: Loomis Fargo
Robin McLaurin Williams (born July 21, 1951) is an American actor, voice actor, and stand-up comedian. Rising to fame with his role as the alien Mork in the TV series Mork & Mindy, Williams went on to establish a successful career in both stand-up comedy and feature film acting. His film career includes such acclaimed films as Good Morning, Vietnam (1987), Dead Poets Society (1989), Awakenings (1990), The Fisher King (1991), and Good Will Hunting (1997), as well as financial successes such as Popeye (1980), Hook (1991), Aladdin (1992), Mrs. Doubtfire (1993), Jumanji (1995), The Birdcage (1996), Night at the Museum (2006), and Happy Feet (2006). He also appeared in the video to “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin.
Net Worth : $140 million
- Born: July 21, 1951 (age 62), Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Height: 1.70 m
- Spouse: Susan Schneider (m. 2011), Marsha Garces (m. 1989–2008), Valerie Velardi (m. 1978–1988)
- TV shows: The Crazy Ones, Mork & Mindy, more
- Children: Zelda Rae Williams, Zachary Pym Williams, Cody Alan Williams
Benjamin Edward “Ben” Stiller is an American actor, comedian, voice actor, screenwriter, film director, and producer. He is the son of veteran comedians and actors Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara.
Net Worth : $135 million
- Born: November 30, 1965 (age 48), New York City, New York, United States
- Spouse: Christine Taylor (m. 2000)
- Parents: Anne Meara, Jerry Stiller
- Siblings: Amy Stiller
- Upcoming movie: Night at the Museum 3
Raymond Albert “Ray” Romano is an American actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter and voice actor, best known for his roles on the sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, for which he received an Emmy Award, and voicing Manny in the Ice Age film series.
Net Worth : $120 million
- Born: December 21, 1957 (age 56), Queens, New York City, New York, United States
- Height: 1.88 m
- Spouse: Anna Romano (m. 1987)
- Siblings: Richard Romano, Robert Romano
- Children: Alexandra Romano, Matthew Romano, Gregory Romano, Joseph Romano
Ricky Dene Gervais is an English comedian, actor, voice actor, director, producer, musician, writer, and former radio presenter.
Net Worth : $80 million
- Born: June 25, 1961 (age 52), Reading, United Kingdom
- Partner: Jane Fallon (1982–)
- Movies: The Invention of Lying, Ghost Town, more
- Music groups: Seona Dancing, Foregone Conclusion
- Parents: Eva Sophia M Gervais, Lawrence Raymond ‘Jerry’ Gervais
Incoming search terms:
- top comedians 2014
- best comedians 2014
- forbes top comedians
- top 10 comedians 2014
- highest paid comedians
- richest comedians 2014
- highest paid comedian
- highest paid comedians 2014
- forbes top earning comedians
- popular comedians 2014