Showbiz industry has grown and groomed in past years creating a new era and a better future for showbiz. In every state of the world it has evolved ,especially Hollywood. The credit obviously goes to the great directors who invest all their energy and time in making every bit of their strength to make the movie work.the world’s top directors are some of the most influential people responsible for creating life. Directors are the ones with the artistic, original vision behind our favourite movies.
When we’re watching our favourite actors and actresses portray relatable characters, when we’re falling in love with the people and the storyline or simply basking in the beauty of the filmography, we’re watching the directorial genius at work. Films since their inception, have played a seminal role in our culture – reflecting society, at times defining it and even foreshadowing it. Films today make up a multi-billionaire industry that take months, even years of work to bring to life. For the biggest blockbusters, there are powerful teams of scriptwriters, producers, actors, designers and tech geniuses coming together to construct a story that will be translated into a magical two hours on the big screen. Now let us see the Top 10 richest directors of Hollywood.
Top 10 Most Richest Directors of Hollywood 2016
1. George Lucas :-
- Top Movies :-Star Wars Episode III:Revenge
- Net Worth :- $3.25 Billion
George Walton Lucas (born May 14, 1944) is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and entrepreneur. He founded Lucasfilm and led the company as chairman and chief executive before selling it to The Walt Disney Company on October 30, 2012. He is best known as the creator of the space opera franchise Star Wars and the archaeologist adventurer character Indiana Jones. Lucas is one of the American film industry’s most financially successful filmmakers and has been nominated for four Academy Awards.
- Born: May 14, 1944 (age 69), Modesto, California, United States
- Full name: George Walton Lucas, Jr
- Spouse: Mellody Hobson (m. 2013), Marcia Lucas (m. 1969–1983)
- Children: Amanda Lucas, Katie Lucas, Jett Lucas, Everest Hobson Lucas
- Books: Shadow Moon, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, more
2. Steven Spielberg :-
- Top Movies :- Jaws
- Net Worth :- $3 Billion
Steven Allan Spielberg born December 18, 1946 is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and business magnate. In a career of more than four decades, Spielberg’s films have covered many themes and genres. Spielberg’s early science-fiction and adventure films were seen as archetypes of modern Hollywood blockbuster filmmaking. In later years, his films began addressing humanistic issues such as the Holocaust, the transatlantic slave trade, war, and terrorism. He is considered one of the most popular and influential filmmakers in the history of cinema. He is also one of the co-founders of DreamWorks movie studio.
- Born: December 18, 1946 (age 67), Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- Spouse: Kate Capshaw (m. 1991), Amy Irving (m. 1985–1989)
- Children: Sasha Spielberg, Max Spielberg, Theo Spielberg, more
- Upcoming movies: American Sniper, The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun
- Awards: Academy Award for Best Picture, more
3. James Cameron :-
- Top Movies :- Avatar
- Net Worth :- $700 Million
James Francis Cameron (born August 16, 1954) is a Canadian film director, film producer, deep-sea explorer, screenwriter, and editor who has directed the two biggest box office films of all time. He first found success with the science-fiction hit The Terminator (1984). He then became a popular Hollywood director and was hired to write and direct Aliens (1986); three years later he followed up with The Abyss (1989).He found further critical acclaim for his use of special effects in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).
After his film True Lies (1994) Cameron took on his biggest film at the time, Titanic (1997), which earned him Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director and Film Editing. After Titanic, Cameron began a project that took almost 10 years to make: his science-fiction epic Avatar (2009), for which he received the three same Academy Award nominations. In the time between making Titanic and Avatar, Cameron spent several years creating many documentary films (specifically underwater documentaries) and co-developed the digital 3D Fusion Camera System.
- Born: August 16, 1954 (age 59), Kapuskasing, Canada
- Spouse: Suzy Amis (m. 2000), Linda Hamilton (m. 1997–1999), more
- Upcoming movies: Avatar 2, Avatar 3, Avatar 4
- Awards: Academy Award for Best Picture, more
- Children: Josephine Archer Cameron, Quinn Cameron, Elizabeth Rose Cameron, Claire Cameron
4. Chuck Lorre :-
- Top Movies :- The Big Bang Theory
- Net Worth :- $600 Million
Chuck Lorre (born Charles Michael Levine; October 18, 1952) is an American television writer, director, producer and composer. Lorre has created many popular and successful sitcoms including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. He also created the currently-airing sitcom Mom and served as an executive producer of Roseanne and Mike & Molly.
- Born: October 18, 1952 (age 61), Bethpage, New York, United States
- Full name: Charles Michael Levine
- Spouse: Karen Witter (m. 2001–2010), Paula Smith (m. 1979–1992)
- Movies: Nathan’s Choice
- Awards: TV Land Future Classic Award, PGA Lifetime Achievement Award in Television
5. Tyler Perry :-
- Top Movies :- Good Deeds
- Net Worth :- $350 Million
Tyler Perry (born September 13, 1969) is an American actor, director, screenwriter, playwright, producer, author, and songwriter, specializing in the gospel genre. Perry wrote and produced many stage plays during the 1990s and early 2000s. In 2011, Forbes named him the highest paid man in entertainment; he earned $130 million between May 2010 and 2011. Perry is known for both creating and performing in drag the Madea character, a giant, overreactive, and thuggishly tough elderly woman.Perry also creates films, some produced as live recordings of stage plays, and others professionally filmed using full sets and locations with full editing. Perry is estimated to have earned around $75 million by 2008. Many of Perry’s stage-play films have been subsequently adapted as professional films.
- Born: September 13, 1969 (age 44), New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Plays: A Madea Christmas, The Haves and the Have Nots, more
- Siblings: Emmbre Perry
- Upcoming movies: The Single Moms Club, Gone Girl
- TV shows: Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, more
6. Michael Bay :-
- Top Movies :- Pain & Gain
- Net Worth :- $200 Million
Michael Benjamin Bay (born February 17, 1965)is an American film director and producer. He is known for directing high-budget action films characterized by their fast edits, stylistic visuals and substantial practical special effects.His films, which include Armageddon (1998), Pearl Harbor (2001) and the Transformers film series (2007–present), have grossed over three billion dollars world-wide. He is co-founder of commercial production house The Institute, a.k.a.
The Institute for the Development of Enhanced Perceptual Awareness. He is co-chair and part-owner of the digital effects house Digital Domain.He co-owns Platinum Dunes, a production house which has remade horror movies including The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), The Amityville Horror (2005), The Hitcher (2007), Friday the 13th (2009) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).
- Born: February 17, 1965 (age 49), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Height: 1.85 m
- Upcoming movie: Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Parents: Jimmy Bay, Harriet Bay
- Awards: MTV Movie Award for Best Action Sequence, more
7. Guy Ritchie :-
- Top Movies :- Sherlock Holmes
- Net Worth :- $92 Million
Guy Stuart Ritchie is an English screenwriter, film director and producer, best known for directing Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Swept Away, Revolver, RocknRolla, Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
- Born: September 10, 1968 (age 45), Hatfield, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Spouse: Madonna (m. 2000–2008)
- Partner: Jacqui Ainsley (2010–)
- Children: Rocco Ritchie, David Banda Mwale Ciccone Ritchie, Rafael Ritchie
- Siblings: Tabitha Ritchie, Kevin Bayton
8. Martin Scorsese :-
- Top Movies :- The Wolf of Wall Street
- Net Worth :- $70 Million
Martin Charles Scorsese (born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, actor, and film historian. He is widely regarded as as one of the most significant and influential filmmakers in cinema history. In 1990 he founded The Film Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to film preservation, and in 2007 he founded the World Cinema Foundation. He is a recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award for his contributions to the cinema, and has won an Academy Award, a Palme d’Or, Cannes Film Festival Best Director Award, Silver Lion, Grammy Award, Emmys, Golden Globes, BAFTAs, and DGA Awards.
- Born: November 17, 1942 (age 71), Queens, New York City, New York, United States
- Height: 1.63 m
- Spouse: Helen Morris (m. 1999), more
- Awards: Academy Award for Best Director, more
- Parents: Charles Scorsese, Catherine Scorsese
9. Joss Whedon :-
- Top Movies :- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Net Worth :- $45 Million
Joseph Hill “Joss” Whedon(born June 23, 1964) is an American screenwriter, film and television producer, director, comic book author, composer, and actor. He is the founder of Mutant Enemy Productions and co-founder of Bellwether Pictures. He is best known as the creator of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Angel (1999–2004), Firefly (2002–03), Dollhouse (2009–10) and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013–present) as well as Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (2008).
Whedon co-wrote Toy Story (1995), wrote and directed Serenity (2005), co-wrote and produced the horror film The Cabin in the Woods (2012), and wrote and directed the film adaptation of Marvel’s The Avengers (2012), the third highest-grossing film of all time.
- Born: June 23, 1964 (age 49), New York City, New York, United States
- Full name: Joseph Hill Whedon
- Spouse: Kai Cole
- Siblings: Jed Whedon, Zack Whedon, Matthew Whedon, Samuel Whedon
- Books: Firefly: A Celebration, Astonishing X-Men, Vol. 4, more
10. Tom Shadyac :-
- Top Movies :- Liar Liar
- Net Worth :- $24 Million
Thomas Peter “Tom” Shadyac (born December 11, 1958) is an American comedian, director, screenwriter, producer, author, and occasional film actor. Shadyac, who was the youngest joke-writer ever for comedian Bob Hope, is widely known for writing and directing the films Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Nutty Professor, Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty, and I Am. He is well known as being a Christian and many of his films have Christian themes. He is an adjunct professor of communication and teaches screenwriting at Pepperdine University’s Seaver College.
- Born: December 11, 1958 (age 55), Falls Church, Virginia, United States
- Spouse: Jennifer Barker (m. 1997)
- Books: Life’s Operating Manual
- Parents: Richard Shadyac, Julie Shadyac
- Siblings: Richard Shadyac