Who are the richest people in Australia in 2016? Who is the richest woman in Australia? Or who is the richest man in Australia? Which is the wealthiest family? For these types of questions, we present the top ten richest persons in the country as well as continent of Australia. We wanted to present the top 100 individuals but that would have made the list too large and unreadable.The Top 10 Richest People in Australia 2016.
The Top 10 Richest People in Australia 2016
Georgina Hope “Gina” Rinehart is an Australian mining heiress. She is the daughter of Lang Hancock and Hope Margaret Nicholas.
- Net Worth : $18 billion
- Born: February 9, 1954 (age 60), Perth, Australia
- Parents: Hope Margaret Nicholas, Lang Hancock
- Education: University of Sydney, St Hilda’s Anglican School for Girls
Ivan Glasenberg, is the CEO of Glencore Xstrata, one of the world’s largest commodity trading and mining companies. Glasenberg is described as a South African-Australian-Israeli triple citizen. He became a Swiss citizen in 2011.
- Net Worth : $7.2 billion
- Born: January 1957, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Spouse: Elana Glasenberg
- Education: University of the Witwatersrand, University of Southern California
John Andrew Henry Forrest, better known as Andrew or by his nickname Twiggy, is a Western Australian mining magnate currently a non-executive chairman and previously the chief executive officer of Fortescue Metals Group.
- Net Worth : $5.3 billion
- Born: 1961, Perth, Australia
- Spouse: Nicola Forrest
- Education: University of Western Australia, Hale School
James Douglas Packer is an Australian businessman. Packer is the son of the late media mogul, Kerry Packer and grandson of Sir Frank Packer.
- Net Worth : $4.5 billion
- Born: September 8, 1967 (age 46), Sydney, Australia
- Education: Cranbrook School, Sydney
- Spouse: Erica Packer (m. 2007–2013), Jodhi Meares (m. 1999–2002)
- Parents: Kerry Packer, Roslyn Redman Weedon
- Children: Indigo Packer, Emmanuelle Sheelah Packer, Jackson Lloyd Packer
- Siblings: Gretel Packer
Frank Lowy, is an Australian businessman. He is a co-founder of the Westfield Group, operator of over 100 shopping centres in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Net Worth : $4.4 billion
- Born: October 22, 1930 (age 83), Fi?akovo, Slovakia
- Spouse: Shirley Lowy
- Education: University of New South Wales
- Nationality: Hungarian, Australian
Harry Oscar Triguboff is an Australian property developer and Australia’s 6th richest man. He is the founder and managing director of Meriton and a strong proponent of population growth in Australia to a hundred million.
- Net Worth : $4 billion
- Born: March 3, 1933 (age 80), Dalian, China
- Education: University of Leeds
Anthony Joseph Pratt, an Australian businessman, is Chairman and CEO of Pratt Industries and Global Chairman of Visy Industries, the world’s largest privately owned paper and packaging company.
- Net Worth : $3.4 billion
- Born: 1960
- Parents: Richard Pratt
- Education: Monash University
John Gandel an Australian businessman is a property developer who made his fortune in the development of commercial real estate in the main shopping centers located in Melbourne Victoria.
- Net Worth : $3.2 billion
- Born: 1935
- Education: Melbourne High School
Angela Bennett is an Australian heiress and businesswoman.Turns out Angela Bennett’s not one for the limelight and there aren’t actually any photographs of her. Anyway her father Peter Wright co-founded Hancock Prospecting and, after his death, she and her late brother were on the receiving end of about $900 million. In 2010, the pair got a cheeky extra $1 billion courtesy of Gina Rinehart after she was forced to give up 25 per cent of one of her Pilbara mines. She probably would have given them more but it was all she had in her purse.
- Net Worth : $2.3 billion
- Age: 69
- Source of Wealth: mining, inherited
- Residence: Perth, Australia
- Country of Citizenship: Australia
- Marital Status: Married
- Children: 7
Kerr Neilson, an Australian investment manager, is the co-founder and managing director of Platinum Asset Management.
- Net Worth : $2.1 billion
- Born: South Africa
- Education: University of Cape Town