Being a celebrity is certainly a glamorous profession but it also requires a lot of time and energy as does being a mom. While most of us can’t afford to have a live in nanny and chef at least we don’t have to worry about the paparazzi harassing us wherever we go. The attention seems to become even more magnified once a celebrity has kids. Everything they do becomes fodder for the tabloids.
They are constantly scrutinized over how they dress their children, how their children behave, and even what they eat. It doesn’t matter what kind of celebrity it is, either. No one is safe from the media spotlight. Power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were called out in the tabloids, after it was reported that all their kids ever ate was junk food. Even celebrities aren’t immune to the occasional lapses in parental judgment.
These 10 moms are amazingly talented singers successful, strong and brilliant entertainers. Most of the women on this list have been in the music industry for decades. Some of them have only recently become a mom in the past year or so. They all have fame, fortune, and now their own families. The demands of being a celebrity songstress can only be matched and perhaps even surpassed by the demands of being a mom.
The top 10 Richest Music Industry Moms in the world 2016
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American singer-songwriter, actress, author, director, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- Net Worth : $500 Million
- Born: August 16, 1958 (age 55), Bay City, Michigan, United States
- Children: Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, Rocco Ritchie, Mercy James, David Banda Mwale Ciccone Ritchie
- Spouse: Guy Ritchie (m. 2000–2008), Sean Penn (m. 1985–1989)
- Movies: W.E., Body of Evidence, Evita, Swept Away, more
Mariah Carey (born March 27, 1969 or 1970) is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, and philanthropist. Born and raised on Long Island, New York, Carey came to prominence after releasing her self-titled debut studio album Mariah Carey in 1990; it went multiplatinum and spawned four consecutive number one singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. Under the guidance of Columbia Records executive and later husband Tommy Mottola, she continued booking success with followup albums Emotions (1991), Music Box (1993), and Merry Christmas (1994), Carey was established as Columbia’s highest-selling act.
- Net Worth : $510 million
- Born: March 27, 1970 (age 43), Huntington, New York, United States
- Spouse: Nick Cannon (m. 2008), Tommy Mottola (m. 1993–1998)
- Children: Moroccan Scott Cannon, Monroe Cannon
- Parents: Alfred Roy Carey, Patricia Hickey
Celine Marie Claudette Dion, (born March 30, 1968) is a Canadian singer. Born into a large family from Charlemagne, Quebec,Dion emerged as a teen star in the French speaking world after her manager and future husband Rene Angélil mortgaged his home to finance her first record. In 1990 she released the English-language album Unison, establishing herself as a viable pop artist in North America and other English-speaking areas of the world.
- Net Worth : $400 million
- Born: March 30, 1968 (age 45), Charlemagne, Canada
- Nationality: Canadian
- Spouse: Rene Angelil (m. 1994)
- Children: René-Charles Angelil, Nelson Angelil, Eddy Angelil
Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter, simply known as Beyoncé, is an American recording artist and actress.
- Net Worth : $300 million
- Born: September 4, 1981 (age 32), Houston, Texas, United States
- Height: 1.69 m
- Spouse: Jay-Z (m. 2008)
- Siblings: Nixon Knowles, Solange Knowles
Jennifer Lynn Muniz (born July 24, 1969) is an American actress, dancer, fashion designer, perfumer, philanthropist, producer, recording artist and television personality.
- Net Worth : $300 million
- Born: July 24, 1969 (age 44), Castle Hill, New York City, New York, United States
- Spouse: Marc Anthony (m. 2004–2012), Cris Judd (m. 2001–2003), Ojani Noa (m. 1997–1998)
- Children: Emme Maribel Muniz, Maximilian David Muniz
- Albums: Love?, On the 6, Jennifer Lopez: Let’s Get Loud, more
Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American recording artist and entertainer. Born in McComb, Mississippi, and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, she performed acting roles in stage productions and television shows as a child before signing with Jive Records in 1997. Spears’s first and second studio albums, …Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!… I Did It Again (2000), became international successes, with the former becoming the best-selling album by a teenage solo artist.
Title tracks “…Baby One More Time” and “Oops!… I Did It Again” broke international sales records. In 2001, Spears released her self-titled third album, Britney, and played the starring role in the film Crossroads. She assumed creative control of her fourth album, In the Zone (2003), which yielded the worldwide success of “Toxic”.
- Net Worth : $220 million
- Born: December 2, 1981 (age 32), McComb, Mississippi, United States
- Siblings: Jamie Lynn Spears, Bryan Spears
- Spouse: Kevin Federline (m. 2004–2007), Jason Allen Alexander (m. 2004–2004)
- Children: Sean Federline, Jayden James Federline
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, known professionally as Shakira, is a Colombian singer-songwriter, dancer, record producer, choreographer and model.
- Net Worth : $200 million
- Born: February 2, 1977 (age 37), Barranquilla, Colombia
- Height: 1.57 m
- Partner: Gerard Pique (2010–)
- Movies and TV shows: The Voice, El Club de Los Tigritos, more
Christina Maria Aguilera (born December 18, 1980) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer and actress. Born in Staten Island, New York and raised in Wexford, Pennsylvania, she made appearances on the television series Star Search and The Mickey Mouse Club in her childhood. Aguilera came to prominence with her number-one debut album, Christina Aguilera (1999); its singles “Genie in a Bottle”, “What a Girl Wants” and “Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)” each peaked atop the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
Her follow-up records, Mi Reflejo and My Kind of Christmas (2000), experienced moderate success worldwide. Displeased with her lack of input in her image and music, Aguilera assumed creative control for her fourth album, Stripped (2002), which yielded the international chart-topping hits “Dirrty” and “Beautiful”.
- Net Worth : $90 million
- Born: December 18, 1980 (age 33), Staten Island, New York City, New York, United States
- Height: 1.57 m
- Spouse: Jordan Bratman (m. 2005–2011)
- Movies and TV shows: The Voice, Burlesque, Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney’s ‘Mulan’, MMC
- Children: Max Liron Bratman
Alecia Beth Moore, better known by her stage name Pink, is an American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Net Worth : $115 Million
- Born: September 8, 1979 (age 34), Abington Township, Pennsylvania, United States
- Full name: Alecia Beth Moore
- Spouse: Carey Hart (m. 2006)
- Movies: Thanks for Sharing, Happy Feet Two, Catacombs, Happy Feet
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins MBE, better known simply as Adele, is an English singer, songwriter, musician, and multi-instrumentalist. Adele was offered a recording contract from XL Recordings after a friend posted her demo on Myspace in 2006.
Net Worth : $55 million
- Born: May 5, 1988 (age 25), Tottenham, London, United Kingdom
- Partner: Simon Konecki
- Albums: 21, 19, Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall, 1988, Greatest Hits
- Movies: The Secret Service
- Children: Angelo James Konecki